macros.mingw* patches

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sat Jul 9 17:00:29 UTC 2011

Hi Levente,

Thanks for your changes!

> macros.mingw:
> - add %mingw_pkg_name
> - add %mingw_build_targets (this's the only one which have to change to
> support darwinx build too).
> - fix path in %mingw_find*
> - move %mingw_find_lang to the other %mingw_find* macros

Good

> - add %mingw_find_files which generate all file list

You published the mingw-find-files.sh script in your other mailing list posting, but I'll review it here.

It looks like you also took care of static libraries in the mingw-find-files.sh script. Very good!

If I understand your script correctly then %dir tags will be created for all folders which are not owned by mingw{32,64}-filesystem.
This sounds okay to me, but we may end up in a situation where multiple packages can contain %dir tags for the same folder.
I don't know if RPM can properly handle this situation at the moment and whether it is desired. There has been a similar
discussion about the ownership of the /usr/share/gtk-doc folder recently among Fedora packagers. IIRC, the outcome was
that all packages which contain gtk-doc documentation don't need to have a dependency on the gtk-doc package itself, but
should co-own the /usr/share/gtk-doc folder.

I would recommend you to put some more comments in the mingw-find-files.sh script which mention what exactly
happens, which files are generated, which files are temporary and what's the purpose of the various files.

> - add %{mingw_build_targets} to mingw-find-debuginfo.sh args

Good

> - move mingw32_debug_package and mingw64_debug_package to it's own macro
> file and rewrite mingw_debug_package according to this (although i'd
> like to retire the mingw_debug_package macro just keep it for compatibility)

The split-out is good.
Why would you like to retire this macro? What would it be replaced by?

> macros.mingw32/64:
> - add ${MINGW_CONFIGURE_ARGS} to both configure
> - add the missing mingw64_description

All good.

> - add mingw32_package and mingw32_static_package subpackage template

You could replace 'mingw64-%{mingw_pkg_name}' with '%{mingw64_pkg_name}' here.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek