mingw spec file generation with script (like kmodtool)

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Sun Jul 10 19:46:09 UTC 2011

On 07/10/2011 02:36 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> On 07/09/2011 07:43 PM, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
>> Farkas Levente schreef op wo 06-07-2011 om 23:51 [+0200]:
>>> i can't solve this f***n debug define so it's always have to add to the
>>> spec file:
>>> ----------------------------
>>> %define __debug_install_post %{mingw_debug_install_post}
>>> ----------------------------
>>
>> Does it work if you hide this line behind the mingwtool macro (so that
>> this line gets added by the mingwtool) ?
>
> no but you can image how hard i try to do so!
> but still trying.
>
>> As it is now, I see a major issue with this approach. That is that the
>> mingwtool isn't part of a default Fedora/EPEL buildroot. So if you try
>> to build such a package in mock/koji it will fail because it doesn't
>> know where to find the mingwtool. Even if you add a BR: mingw-filesystem
>> (or wherever the mingwtool will be bundled with) then the build will
>> still fail because mock/koji only processes the BuildRequires tags
>> once.
>
> no. it'll be added to mingw-filesystem-base and kojo can use it. just
> try it:-)
> of course the
> BuildRequires: mingw-filesystem-base can't be added by the mingwtool but
> by hand (which is missing in my example:-(

unfortunately you've got right:-(
the key is redhat-rpm-config which is part of the buildsys yum group:-(
so we've to add mingwtool to redhat-rpm-config. but in this case we've
to make it good not just a 'first version' since probably can update
redhat-rpm-config too often. the real problem is that it won't work on
rhel since it's much harder to add something to an rhel package....