How do I get mingw-w64 operational?

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Jul 13 10:13:23 UTC 2011

Simson Garfinkel schreef op zo 10-07-2011 om 07:33 [-0400]:
> Thanks. I'm happy to write something up once I'm able to get this to work. Do I have editing rights on the wiki?
>
> On Jul 9, 2011, at 10:13 PM, NightStrike wrote:
>
> > What we really need is the experience of new users in the wiki.  The
> > wiki is predominantly written by people that are very experienced with
> > this stuff, so we leave out a whole lot of details that new users
> > really do in fact need.  Would you be able to contribute to the wiki
> > and provide what you've learned from the perspective of someone
> > starting out?

Please don't top-post. It makes mailing list discussions harder to read.

In order to get editing rights on the Fedora wiki you need to have a
Fedora account. Instructions how to do so can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Editing

Back in 2009 Richard W.M. Jones gave a classroom session on IRC about
how the mingw32 toolchain can installed and used on Fedora. The logs of
this classroom session can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_the_Windows_cross-compiler_Classroom_(20090308)
The information mentioned there should mostly still apply on today's
state of the mingw32 toolchain. Unfortunately the annexia links
(Richard's personal domain) seem to be broken now, but perhaps Richard
still has access to the files mentioned on that wiki page.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek