OCaml packages for mingw

Jérôme Benoit jerome.benoit at grenouille.com
Tue Jun 21 20:32:50 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:37:30 +0100,
Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :

> The problem is that the OCaml build system itself is rather primitive,
> and so the patches required to turn it into a cross-compiler are quite
> a set of hacks.

A hack against another hack. The OCaml build system is "makefiles" (and
not very well written).

> I discussed this a little bit with Xavier, but
> essentially it's going to involve someone taking ownership, and
> feeding reasonable patches back upstream.  It's not too easy either.

Do you have a bugtracking link or a thread link of the discussion ?
If it's the only patch
http://git.annexia.org/?p=fedora-mingw.git;a=blob;f=ocaml/mingw32-ocaml-3.11.0%2Bbeta1-combined-Makefile.patch;h=2a2827ac285fb635b70603307b88c9dbfdd1c201;hb=HEAD
that make Xavier scream, I can polish it to conditionally add objects to
the variable depending on a boolean (POSIX or not POSIX).

Thks.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
La Météo du Net - http://grenouille.com