Cross-target debugging using Fedora and wine

Christopher Thielen chris at epiar.net
Wed May 4 06:37:38 UTC 2011

I've got a SDL+OpenGL application written on Linux that cross compiles
beautifully with MinGW on Fedora. With the exception of no mingw32-ftgl
package, I didn't really have to do any work at all!

I'm testing the results using wine, having added the Z://....mingw//bin
path to my wine PATH variable as described on the Fedora Project page.

The game (application) runs okay, at least it gets past the menu, loads
dozens of font and graphics files, but then crashes suddenly.

I'm trying to figure out how to basically run gdb to debug this issue
but it looks like it's more complicated than that, as the app is running
wine.

I read something about 'gdbserver' as being a good idea for this but can
find no such program for Fedora or Fedora-mingw. Anybody know if this is
the best way to solve my problem and how I can best install it?

Thanks,
Christopher Thielen