MinGW provides and requires automatic generation with RPM 4.9

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Thu May 19 12:11:56 UTC 2011

Kalev Lember schreef op do 19-05-2011 om 13:49 [+0300]:
> I am planning to add the new mingw32.attr file to the mingw32-filesystem
> package in rawhide soon. Any objections?

Hi Kalev,

Thanks for looking into this feature.

While this feature sure looks interesting for the future I think it's
too soon to switch to this yet. As Panu indicated there are some things
which still need to be implemented (the and-rule) so this makes it
tricky to backport to old Fedora releases. Another issue is that we will
lose EL6 support if we're going to implement this in all mingw packages.
EL6 support is expected soon (as far as I've heard about it, various
mingw packages have popped up recently in the RHEL6 bugzilla) so it
wouldn't be really nice to break EL6 support so soon.

I think it would be more sane to wait with implementing this future
until it has matured in RPM and is available in all current Fedora
releases.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek