Mingw32 packages for CentOS 6 are available!

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon Oct 24 22:17:44 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As mentioned in the 'broken dependencies in EPEL' mailing list posting
which I sent yesterday [1] I helped out the CentOS developers with
getting the mingw32 toolchain bootstrapped using the RHEL 6.1 srpms [2].

I just received word from the CentOS developers that they managed to get
the mingw32 toolchain bootstrapped and all mingw32 packages (as provided
by Red Hat) have just been built successfully!

They are now asking whether people can help out with testing these built
packages. I'm sure there are CentOS 6 users reading along this mailing
list so here's a call to test these packages.

The packages will be published in the CentOS 6 CR repository (which
contains packages which are part of Red Hat 6.1 and will become part of
CentOS 6.1 once its released). This repository is not enabled by default
on a clean CentOS 6.0 installation, so if you want to test out you'd
have to 'yum install centos-release-cr' first.

Once the CR repo is enabled, you can do a 'yum search mingw32' and
install any packages which may be of interest to you.

If the 'yum search mingw32' only returns two results (mingw32-filesystem
and mingw32-binutils) then your mirror isn't up2date yet. In that case
you can try again later.

Test results (either good or bad) can be sent to either this mailing
list (I'll forward them to the CentOS devs) or directly in the CentOS
trac ticket [2].

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

[1]: