Proposal: New mingw-w64 based packaging guidelines

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sun Apr 15 22:42:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

Earlier today I updated the mingw-w64 based packaging guidelines to
reflect the current state. The result of this can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/MinGWCrossCompiler

The changes between the original MinGW_Future guidelines and these
updated ones are:
* The RPM overrides at the beginning of each .spec file are now
  replaced by a single %?mingw_package_header macro
* The %global mingw_build_win32 and %global mingw_build_win64 are
  enabled by default and therefore don't need to be set explicitly
  any more unless your package only supports either win32 or win64
* The %global mingw_pkg_name doesn't need to be used any more
* The macro %mingw_default_requires doesn't exist any more
* Added mingw_cmake_kde4 macro which calls cmake with KDE4 specific
  parameters set
* The CFLAGS -mms-bitfields isn't set by the MinGW macros any more
  as it has become default as of gcc 4.7
* Specifying build dir suffixes has changed. If you want to build
  libraries multiple times (for example a static and shared copy
  using individual build dirs) you can now use the environment
  variable MINGW_BUILDDIR_SUFFIX to achieve this
* The RPM macro mingw_make_install is obsolete now
* Removed references to a mingw-filesystem binary RPM package
  as it isn't build as binary package any more. Packagers are
  expected to BuildRequires: mingw32-filesystem and mingw64-filesystem
* Libtool files don't need to be bundled any more

Before I propose this draft to the Fedora Packaging Committee (FPC) I am
asking for your feedback. If there are any parts unclear feel free to
let me know (either through IRC or through this mailing list) so we can
improve it before proposing it to the FPC.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to send the draft to FPC so they can discuss
it in their meeting on Wednesday. Please provide any feedback before
tomorrow evening

Kind regards,

Erik