gtk+ compiling with mingw64

kees de jong omekeesje at ziggo.nl
Sun Sep 23 15:44:49 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,
A couple of weeks ago I installed fedora because my
Debian did not(yet?) support the mingw64-gtk+ library etc.
I installed all the needed stuff for compiling gtk+ programs
with the mingw64 crosscompiler,
(I have written gtk+ programs for about 10 years, so I think
I know what I am doing), but I missed the necessary information
about environmentvariables etc.
At last I found with some luck in my aliases the coms: mingw32-env
and mingw64.env.
After running one of those I tried to compile some of the programs
of the mingw64-gtk+ demo directory.
I did this both with the 32bits (i86) environment and library
as well as with the 64bits idem, in both cases with and without
the --static option for pkg-config.
The compiler returned for the 32bits version the following error:
undefined reference to WinMain at 16,
and for the 64bits version:
undefined reference to WinMain.
This happened with static- as well as dynamically linked compiling.
I think I must have made some mistake somewhere, but there is,
as far as I know, no documentation to put me right.
Maybe there is someone in this forum who can give me a hint?
Has someone succeeded in compiling the gtk+-demo-programs?
Greetings,
Kees de Jong