matahari no longer maintained

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri Feb 1 03:53:50 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Erik van Pienbroek
<erik at vanpienbroek.nl> wrote:
> Adam Stokes schreef op vr 25-01-2013 om 15:03 [-0500]:
>> Just a heads up that I do not believe matahari is being actively
>> maintained anymore. Not sure what the process is these days to get a
>> package removed from the archive but that one should be deprecated.
>> Probably qpid as well but may want to consult those maintainers.
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> I noticed it as well that both mingw-qpid-cpp and mingw-matahari haven't
> seen much love in the last couple of years. For mingw-qpid-cpp I did
> some minor packaging work to keep it in a buildable state but I don't
> have any interest in maintaining it myself. The original package
> maintainer of mingw-qpid-cpp (Andrew Beekhof) doesn't work on matahari
> and qpid-cpp any more.

I was mostly just doing the mindless packaging part. I never had much
expertise with the qpid source code.

> Ted Ross is also listed as package maintainer of
> mingw-qpid-cpp but I don't know if he's willing to give the package some
> more love.
>
> Perhaps somebody else here is interested in maintaining any of these
> packages?
>
> According to pkgdb you're one of the package owners of the
> mingw-matahari package. If nobody is interested in maintaining this
> package any more and you want to have the package removed from Fedora
> you can follow the procedure mentioned at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

I'll take care of the matahari package.  But I don't have permissions
on mingw-matahari anymore.

> If you just want to orphan the package (so somebody else can take over
> maintainership) you can follow the procedure at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers
>
> If the mingw-qpid-cpp package needs to be removed from Fedora as well,
> then this needs to be done by either Andrew Beekhof or Ted Ross (as
> they're listed as primary maintainers).

Ted, this is pretty much your call.  Do you guys want mingw qpid in Fedora?