matahari no longer maintained

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Fri Jan 25 20:50:37 UTC 2013

Adam Stokes schreef op vr 25-01-2013 om 15:03 [-0500]:
> Just a heads up that I do not believe matahari is being actively
> maintained anymore. Not sure what the process is these days to get a
> package removed from the archive but that one should be deprecated.
> Probably qpid as well but may want to consult those maintainers.

Hi Adam,

I noticed it as well that both mingw-qpid-cpp and mingw-matahari haven't
seen much love in the last couple of years. For mingw-qpid-cpp I did
some minor packaging work to keep it in a buildable state but I don't
have any interest in maintaining it myself. The original package
maintainer of mingw-qpid-cpp (Andrew Beekhof) doesn't work on matahari
and qpid-cpp any more. Ted Ross is also listed as package maintainer of
mingw-qpid-cpp but I don't know if he's willing to give the package some
more love.

Perhaps somebody else here is interested in maintaining any of these
packages?

According to pkgdb you're one of the package owners of the
mingw-matahari package. If nobody is interested in maintaining this
package any more and you want to have the package removed from Fedora
you can follow the procedure mentioned at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

If you just want to orphan the package (so somebody else can take over
maintainership) you can follow the procedure at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers

If the mingw-qpid-cpp package needs to be removed from Fedora as well,
then this needs to be done by either Andrew Beekhof or Ted Ross (as
they're listed as primary maintainers).

Regards,

Erik