"DllMain" function in static libraries (mingw32-glib2-static)

Gavin Smith gavinsmith0123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:02:46 UTC 2013

Erik van Pienbrok wrote on Sun Mar 24 16:03:07 UTC 2013

>> I can fix the glib case, but for libgsf please file a bug at
>> http://redhat.bugzilla.com against the mingw-libgsf component so that
>> its package maintainer can fix it.
>
>An updated mingw-glib2 package which shouldn't have a DllMain in the
>static library any more can be found at
>http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=405366
>Can you try if this resolves the issue for you?

I have used your patch to successfully compile and link against a
static copy of glib, so it appears to have fixed the problem. I did
not manage to use the build you provided because of a missing symbol
(__chkstk_ms), but this is probably because I have not installed all
the Fedora packages this one depends on and am using older libraries.
(I think that __chkstk_ms was introduced in a newer version of
libgcc.)

I will raise a bug for mingw-libgsf as you suggest.