Error when exiting app with -DNDEBUG but OK with -g

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon May 20 18:37:48 UTC 2013

Richard Shaw schreef op ma 20-05-2013 om 13:32 [-0500]:

> The last problem I'm having and have not yet figured out is why I'm
> getting an error when I exit the program that only occurs on release
> builds (-DNDEBUG) but does not occur with debug builds (-g).
>

> The error is a popup window saying "microsoft visual c++ this
> application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way"

With the little information you've provided it's hard to guess what
might be going wrong. However, I've seen this popup before. It gets
triggered when the abort() function gets called. Perhaps this is also
the case with your package? You could try to debug this on a native
Windows environment with WinDBG (gdb isn't able to catch these kind of
situations properly yet).

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek