Error when exiting app with -DNDEBUG but OK with -g

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 22:14:31 UTC 2013

Well, you're going to need a programmer to fix that one.

You're also going to need symbols.  Make a debug build of your program, and install debug symbols for the packages you're using.  Usually they're in packages called "debuginfo" with the prefix of the package that they belong to, e.g. "mingw32-libsox-debuginfo" and "mingw32-wxWidgets-debuginfo".  You'll have to enable the "debuginfo" repos, by adding "--enablerepo=\*debuginfo" to your "yum" command line.

But the key lines are here:

#1  0x6e11b520 in _wassert () from C:\Program Files\FreeDV\bin\libsox-2.dll
[...]

#6  0x00632e70 in wxToolBarBase::AddControl (
    this=0x77c40e66 <msvcrt!fprintf+83>, control=0x6007, label=...)
    at ./src/common/tbarbase.cpp:219

Apparently, you're adding controls when the program is exiting.  That sounds odd in itself.

Like I said, you'll probably need a programmer to sort this out.