[Mingw-w64-public] Mass rebuild report for January 03 2015

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon Jan 5 20:58:34 UTC 2015

Jacek Caban schreef op ma 05-01-2015 om 14:05 [+0100]:
> On 01/04/15 12:49, Jacek Caban wrote:
> > Maybe I missed some better options for us. None of above is perfect and
> > I'm not sure what we should do about it. Solution 2. seems the least
> > problematic.
>
> Looking deeper at this, current implementation has one more problem. We
> can't really have localtime_r, because it needs to depend on
> _USE_32BIT_TIME_T macro. So if we really wanted to have a real function
> in mingwex, we'd need it as localtime32_r and localtime64_r and an
> inline wrapper. Given that, I think we should live with inline
> implementation. Esp. since we may use localtime_s (which already has
> wrapper inline as well as compatibility stub in libmsvcrt.a), which
> makes the implementation trivial. Please review the attached patch. I
> believe we should do the same for ctime_r and asctime_r.

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for the patch. I just tested it and I can confirm that it solves
the localtime_r issue in glib2 and the gmtime_r issues in libgsf and
libsoup. The cmtime_r issue in cairo is not resolved yet with this
patch, but I guess this is expected for now.

However, there are now other issues which prevent glib2 from building
successfully (libgsf and libsoup built just fine).

For glib2:
../../gio/gsocket.c:1934:1: error: conflicting types for
'if_nametoindex'
 if_nametoindex (const gchar *iface)
 ^
In file included
from /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/iphlpapi.h:16:0,
                 from ./gnetworking.h:35,
                 from ../../gio/gnetworkingprivate.h:22,
                 from ../../gio/gsocket.c:60:
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/netioapi.h:321:20: note:
previous declaration of 'if_nametoindex' was here
 NET_IFINDEX WINAPI if_nametoindex(
                    ^

My first guess is that this needs to be fixed in glib2 itself and that
it is unrelated to your patch

Regards,

Erik