Stable RedHat mono package

chuchiehliu at micron.com chuchiehliu at micron.com
Mon Oct 5 21:28:49 UTC 2009

Yes.  As below.

(1) I feel that it is important to get the right version.  So checked web.  Is it correct that I can try to get those mono 2.4.2.3 sources tarballs

    * mono-2.4.2.3.tar.bz2
    * mono-basic-2.4.2.tar.bz2
    * libgdiplus-2.4.2.tar.bz2
    * gluezilla-2.4.2.tar.bz2

And try to make it to get a version of mono for RedHat?  Can we just get an already made package for RedHat mono-2.4.2, etc from somewhere.

 --- it looks like 2.4.2 is a stable version before 2.6.

(2) If mono, MonoDevelop and RedHat need to match versions among them, is there a list/table to tell which match which?  And further down the road, where I can find information on how we package our application on top of mono, MonoDevelop and RedHat?  (This may be a known subject for experience Linux, mono which I am not).

Thanks a lot,
Jerry

chuchiehliu at lnxeng02:[~/ADG/Emulator/MonoDevelop_CS] {98} % /home/chuchiehliu/mono-1.9.1/bin/mono Emulator.exe

** (Emulator.exe:11366): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/chuchiehliu/ADG/Emulator/MonoDevelop_CS/Emulator.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   gtk-sharp    (assemblyref_index=1)
     Version:    2.12.0.0
     Public Key: 35e10195dab3c99f
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/chuchiehliu/ADG/Emulator/MonoDevelop_CS/).

** (Emulator.exe:11366): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'gtk-sharp, Version=2.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'gtk-sharp, Version=2.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'gtk-sharp, Version=2.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f'