[Fedora-music-list] Is the Core 5 x86_64 repository broken?

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 01:01:25 UTC 2006

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:03 -0600, David Nielson wrote:
>
>> 1. Fresh install of Fedora Core 5 x86_64 on a fancy new AMD X2 3800+.
>> 2. su - (and enter the password to obtain the mythical root superpowers)
>> 3. rpm --import
>> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt
>> 4. rpm -Uvh
>> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.0-2.rhfc5.ccrma.noarch.rpm
>>

>> No errors so far. Everybody's happy. But this serenity will not last for
>> long...
>>
>> 5. yum check-update
>> Yum bails with a 404, followed by [errno 256 - no more mirrors to try]
>> or something similar. The GUI package manager (pirut?) fails to load now
>> as well.
>>
>> Grr.
>>

> Sorry, the repo is not broken, it is just not there yet :-(
>
> I have not had a chance yet to work on the x86_64 version of the
> realtime patched kernel so the rest does not make much sense.
>
> -- Fernando

Makes perfect sense. Apologies in advance for my noobishness, but how,
then, do I go about installing the i386 versions of the software? A
lesser platform version is better than what I've got now, which is
nothing. And not being able to listen to music really sucks!

Thanks for everything you do. Planet CCRMA is a huge service to the
community and you deserve a medal.

-David