[Fedora-music-list] Fedora 5 planetccrma kernel nightmare;

Fri Jun 9 01:31:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 14:25 +0100, Mirco Scara wrote:
> I am desperately trying to force yum/yumex to accept the installation of
> planetccrma-kernel-edge but to no avail.
> Yum keeps on saying that the planetccrma kernel is oledr than the one
> installed and won't proceed.
> How can I solve this situation?

Maybe this will help:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html

Check the "Installing the low latency kernel" section, in particular the
tweak to /etc/yum.conf (which should let you install older stuff) and
disabling /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf so that all kernels
are kept (the default is to just keep the last two, not enough if you
are trying out kernels).

-- Fernando