[Fedora-music-list] Re: Some notes from a cool meeting at RH today

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 28 21:12:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 13:45 +0200, joakim at verona.se wrote:

> The good is that its really easy to set up and get going, the bad is
> that trac is geared towards traditional source code management, so we
> haent quite got it working like we would like yet. For instance,
> Rosegarden uses compressed xml files, that we would like to have
> decompressed automatically on the server so we can track diffs.

That should be doable on the server side.  Subversion can run a script
that decompresses before committing.  If you can't get compression
through Subversion, you could use a local svn wrapper script that
updates, compresses, then writes to the local file system.

What is really interesting to me here is how media collaboration (code,
music, content, etc.) all benefit from a common underpinning of tool
capabilities.  I'd like to see all of these media needs addressed within
a single Fedora platform, which could be a stitching together of
existing FLOSS platforms.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project