[Fedora-music-list] jack and /etc/security/limits.conf

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Sun Jan 7 22:18:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 15:09 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Has jack's README.Fedora been changed to recommend a memlock of 131072
> (128mb) or so? 50000 is really not enough.

No, I don't think so.  File a bug I guess.

> Not sure how we can do out-of-the-box setup that will be acceptable
> distribution-wide. Perhaps we can do it debian style, add yourself to
> the "jackuser" group if you want real time perms.

Oh, I like this idea.  So the jack-audio-connection-kit %post would
create a jackuser group, and add the following to limits.conf...

@jackuser - rtprio 20
@jackuser - memlock 131072

Then we could still have a wrapper around qjackctl to see if the user is
a member of the jackuser group and give them the option of joining if
not (via consolehelper app).

Does that sound right?

AG