[Fedora-music-list] Ardour 2.2 upgrade issue

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Jan 17 17:54:57 UTC 2008

Anthony Green wrote:
> I was looking at upgrading ardour to 2.2 for f8 and devel when I came
> across the following note:
>

>    Important note for upgrading from 2.1 or earlier
>
> Please note that for several of the new features and fixes listed below,
> it is necessary to remove or update the following files if you have them
> in your ~/.ardour2 directory:
>
>    * ardour2_ui.rc
>    * ardour.bindings
>    * ardour2_ui.conf
>
> We have still not come up with an easy way to "upgrade" per-user files
> when we change key bindings, the menu structures and add/remove various
> UI color codes.
>

> So... how should we handle this in our package?  It seems nasty to do
> something like "rm /home/*/.ardour2/ardour2_ui.rc" at install time, but
> that might still be the best way to deal with this.
> Or....?

I think it would be best to put the real ardour binary under /usr/libexec and
put a bash script called ardour under /usr/bin, this script could then check
for an ~/.ardour2/ardourver2.2 file, and if that not exits remove the 3 files
mentioned above (if they exist, or use rm -f), then it would touch
~/.ardour2/ardourver2.2 (after an mkdir -p ~/.ardour2) and finally end with:
exec /usr/libexec/ardour "$@"

Regards,

Hans