[Fedora-music-list] Summer Coding Project: Still Seeking Mentor

Jeff Sandys jpsandys at gmail.com
Thu May 20 05:19:24 UTC 2010

Christopher,
I think you have a great and needed project.  I would like to help you any
way I
can but don't feel qualified to be a mentor.  I gave a talk at Linuxfest
Northwest
about music programming with PlanetCCRMA that was well received, a full room

for a Sunday session, so I believe there is a need for better documentation.

For many of the proposals installing PlanetCCRMA and their online pages are
the answer.  Personally what I think is missing is an explanation of how to
get
started with the music programming environments like most of the programs
listed on the Linux Audio Wiki:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/tools_comparison

But you have a pretty good proposal that would fill a summer with work.  If
you
have drafts that you would like someone to read through or test let me
know.
I hope someone more qualified than myself will come forward as a mentor.
Maybe you could get an announcement on Planet Linux Musician.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys