[Fedora-music-list] JACK in F15

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 01:51:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Christopher Antila wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm not clear what's going on here. Is this a bug that will be fixed? Is it a
> change for Fedora 15 and all future releases?

It is a bug, possibly in the compiler/linker tool chain. But we are
not sure yet. People are working on it.

> If it's a change, then it should be in the Release Notes and the official Fedora
> documentation for JACK.[0]

The pulseaudio part of this documentation is old too. There is no such
group as pulse-rt anymore. There hasn't been one for a while.

> If somebody can help me figure out what to do (that
> is, Jack in F15 is different from JACK in F14), then I will make my best effort
> to have it included in both places for the official release.
>
> Otherwise, I will have time to figure it out only after the release of F15.
> Although I can withhold the Musicians' Guide until it's updated, the Release
> Notes would be published without this information. I'm not sure if it's
> possible to update the Release Notes after publication, unless it's about
> something that would make your computer explode, so I'd really appreciate if
> somebody would help out now.

I don't expect any changes from the user side. I have been using the
updated jack on F-14 for a couple weeks. Everything seems the same.
Thank you for helping out. I'll let you know if there is any potential
changes in the future.

Cheers,
Orcan