[Fedora-music-list] New packages / Fedora Audio

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 17:13:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have recently gone through the pain of relocating countries, setting
up new workstations etc. and would love to have all the packages I use
sitting in Fedora. As a result I've packaged a few things which I use

What is the status of the Fedora Audio SIG? After going through this
myself I am keen to resurrect the idea of a Fedora Studio. We could even
make it a feature of Fedora 17.

We would probably need to coordinate from planetccrma what desperately
needs to be in mainline Fedora and any other packages which are missing.
If there is anything you would like packaged which is not let me know.

In the meantime there is a new packages that have hit Fedora 16 (at
.least) in the last month or so.

zita-at1 - Fons' auto-tuner
zita-rev1 - Reverb from Fons
phat - GTK toolkit for audio software, was in planetccrma, depandancy of
specimen. New project coming soon to Fedora petri-foo, which
replaces/inherits specimen (currently FTBS in planet)
clxclient - dependancy of zita*, previously in planetccrma*

I also have a couple of lv2 plugins awaiting review here [1].

Also thinking of packaging Neil, although this will probably need to
reside in rpmfusion

regards,
Brendan

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&classification=Fedora&product=Fedora&component=Package%20Review&bug_status=NEW&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=brendan.jones.it%40gmail.com

FAS: bsjones
Freenode: bsjones (not often but will lurk in #fedora-audio,
#opensourcemusicians for a bit)