[Fedora-music-list] Fedora Audio Spin Accepted to GSoC 2012

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:25:57 UTC 2012

On 04/24/2012 03:53 AM, Christopher R. Antila wrote:

> Congratulations to Jorn Lomax, who was accepted to Google Summer of
> Code 2012 for the Fedora Audio Spin!
>
> This is good news for all of us here in the Audio SIG, and I hope we
> can all find the time to lend a hand where possible.
>
> A list of accepted proposals can be found here:
> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2012
> Fedora has 10, and they all look interesting and useful.
>
> Thank you to all the students who applied. I hope everybody finds a
> way to contribute in the future.

I'd like to second Christophers' comments in congratulating Jorn and
welcoming him into the Fedora team. I'm really looking forward to see
what we can do together.

I think this is a really exciting time for Linux Audio, and its time
Fedora caught up. I encourage all the members of the list to voice your
opinions/concerns now such that we have sufficient time to address them
before Fedora 18 (may seem like a long way away, but its not). It will
also give Jorn a heads up before his project finishes.

To the other applicants: the number of slots allocated to Fedora by
Google this year was smaller than we expected, and as a result we were
only able to choose one applicant, whereas we would have liked two. That
doesn't mean you can't contribute to Fedora and/or the Audio spin, all
efforts are welcome, and can only improve your GSOC chances next year.

regards,

Brendan