[Fedora-music-list] Default Desktop Environment

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun Feb 12 12:16:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Brendan Jones wrote:

> Older systems will also benefit from using a somewhat lighter desktop.
> This is all just my opinion ...

I have an "older system" and use LXDE as my desktop.
My current installation is based on the Fedora 16 LXDE LiveCD spin. After
that I completed it with Audio/MIDI stuff from the Fedora, Rpmfusion, and
PlanetCCRMA repos. I also removed and/or replaced some components I did
not need or like.

A dedicated Fedora Audio spin would be nice to get started, whatever DE is
choosen, and everyone will stille have complete freedom to personalize his
setup by installing any other desktop.

--

MT