[Fedora-music-list] Fedora Jam backgrounds package

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:26:21 UTC 2012

Hi all

I've just created a template source tree, spec file and SRPM in git so
that we can get package fedora-jam-backgrounds up for review and start
including it in the compose [1].

I based it on the beefy-miracle-backgrounds package and either Jorn or I
will submit for review soon.

If you are interest in creating wall papers etc, have a look at
src/default/fedora-jam.xml - we basically are shipping four images sizes :

<file>
	<!-- Wide 16:10 -->
	<size width="1920"
height="1200">/usr/share/backgrounds/fedora-jam/default/wide/fedora-jam-wave.png</size>
	<!-- Wider 16:9 -->
	<size width="1920"
height="1080">/usr/share/backgrounds/fedora-jam/default/wider/fedora-jam-wave.png</size>
	<!-- Standard 4:3 -->
	<size width="2048"
height="1536">/usr/share/backgrounds/fedora-jam/default/standard/fedora-jam-wave.png</size>
	<!-- Normalish 5:4 -->
	<size width="1280"
height="1024">/usr/share/backgrounds/fedora-jam/default/normalish/fedora-jam-wave.png</size>
</file>

I have added a simple image of each size to use as a placeholder just so
we can get something in for review. Its just a loop wavefile generated
using sox and gnuplot with a little bit of dropshadow [2]. This is meant
to be a placeholder ONLY - however I've added the sox/gnuplot scripts to
the repo just in case anyone is interested.

regards,

Brendan

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=music-creation.git;a=tree
[2]