[Fedora-music-list] The Spin: a New Name

Christopher Antila crantila at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 30 05:15:15 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 12:03 AM, Brian Monroe wrote:
> I'm in favor of a non boring name since artists should be at least quazi
> creative. Shame fedora remix is already a thing. So far Fedora Jam is my
> favorite.
Point taken.

> A few more ideas...
> MixBooth
Fine.

> Studio (kinda boring and stolen from Ubuntu but isn't that the point of
> opensource, taking what works?)
Fine, and yes sometimes.

> ControlRoom
Fine.

> Muse
Fine.

> Bach In Black
NOOOOOOOOOO.

> MixDown
Fine.

> Aftertouch
Fine.

> AUX
Cool.

> Fidelity
Depends on the users' computers. :P

> Amplitude
Fine.

I would really like to avoid any reference to some sort of mainstream
classical music composer. Probably any reference to a specific music
creator is culturally dependent, implies privilege of a specific
culture, and is therefore unwise.

Christopher.