[Fedora-music-list] GSOC announced

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:56:07 UTC 2013

Hey all,

GSOC has been announced for this year. If you have any ideas for the
audio SIG, add them to the ideas page [1].

We lumped Jorn with a lot of ill-defined stuff to complete last year,
and yet we still ended up with a nightly audio distro, which is a first.

One project that comes to mind is finishing off Jorn's fedora-jam app,
but we can only do this if we define  exactly what it is supposed to do.

Another I was thinking about was a documentation project albeit outside
of Fedora. More of a Linux Audio user manual, based on what Chris has
done, but packaged as a distro-agnostic project in its' own right (i.e.
with examples, samples, project files etc). Something that can be
packaged for use across all distributions? (the coding component would
be to determine where everything lives - ie. the Makefile, make && make
install etc). Just an idea

I'm sure there are many other ideas to be had. I don't think I want to
necessarily be a mentor this year, but there's more than enough of this
list that will qualify. I would probably throw my hat in for  the
ultimate quintessential audio console which finally bridges jack and
pulseaudio in an intuitive manner. jam-control Mach #2. Will definitely
be available to co-mentor

regards,

Brendan

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2013