[Fedora-music-list] List of packages

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:25:07 UTC 2013

On 01/18/2013 06:12 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On 01/17/2013 10:13 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
>> On 01/18/2013 01:48 AM, Christopher Antila wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi:

>>> Only for this release, right? Then we're still hoping to get an
>>> official spin?
>>>
>>> I could probably find a way to host static images of this release.
>>>

>>> Christopher
>> Will absolutely be on the official page for Fedora 19. Release
>> engineering simply couldn't do it time. It is approved and official in
>> every other way
>
> Can't a new spin be added at a time other than at a release?
>
> I'm not seeing anything relevant here saying otherwise:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process
>
> - Karsten

I guess we can still  open a ticket with the websites team for the
official page, but I didn't see the point if it wasn't available with
the other media.

The other step is to get releng to include the list of RPMS required for
the building official media (it is not the same as the nightlies), legal
and translations - we missed the boat on all of them due to the wrangler
being busy with other things. I was told we would have to wait for
Fedora 19, but I guess anything is possible (discussions on the spins
list here [1]).

The spins team will tell you straight up that their process is horribly
broken. It just hasn't been given priority. I'm hoping to take a more
active role in this next release.

regards,

Brendan.

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/spins/2013-January/002711.html