[Fedora-music-list] WhySynth GUI not opening, although hostname is resolvable (OSC issue?)

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Tue May 14 00:18:58 UTC 2013

It was suggested to me to try and use 0.0.0.0 localhost in my /etc/hosts
file, bu that's not doing anything.

With netstat I'm seeing that both jack-dssi-host and WhySynth_gtk are
opening ports, but the GUI still doesn't open up.

What I'm seeing is this:

[sean at localhost ~]$ jack-dssi-host whysynth.so

jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
jack-dssi-host: Defaulting to
"/usr/local/lib64/dssi:/usr/lib64/dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi:/home/sean/.dssi"

jack-dssi-host: OSC URL is:
osc.udp://localhost:19884/dssi/whysynth/WhySynth/chan00

host: Ready
WhySynth_gtk starting (pid 22764)...

----
and this from netstat....

udp        0      0 *:19884                 *:*
    22757/jack-dssi-hos
udp        0      0 *:19885                 *:*
    22764/WhySynth_gtk

Sean