[Fedora-music-list] Update

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Nov 18 00:06:11 UTC 2013

Quoting Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>:

> On 16 November 2013 22:40, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>

>> Having said that, we have 10 days to add any new packages. I really like the
>> kxStudio apps, but at this rate we will be lucky to get Carla and Festige.
>> I'll try to get cadence in, but waiting on some python3 dependencies to let
>> me go forward. Packaging kxStudio stuff is a nightmare (ppa culture)
>>
>> We will be shipping the same wallpaper as Fedora 18 with the wave overlay,
>> unless someone feels inspired. If you need help please let me know. You can
>> look at
>> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/music-creation.git/tree/fedora-jam-backgrounds/src/default
>> to see the dimensions we are shipping. If you are up for this it has to be
>> in by the 20th at the latest.
>>

> I think it actually looks more in keeping with the F20 KDM look than
> it did with F19, that said it'd still be cool to have something fresh
> if anyone has time.
>
>> I must apologise for being so absent for this release - work/family trumps
>> sometimes. Many thanks to Ian Malone, without his testing the spin would
>> have been dropped. Cheers mate
>>

> No worries, I realised a while back life was easier if I did some
> pre-release testing (reminds me there's a KDE bug I should file), so I
> may as well kill two birds with one USB key and test on Jam. I've
> tested final TC1, but it sounds like we could do with another one once
> these packages are in, should be able to find time.
>
> --
> imalone
> http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk

Yeah, I should do some testing on Jam as well. I've got my main laptop
on Fedora 20 beta so I can reformat the other one (the one with superb
audio hardware but a sometimes flaky display) now.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://znmeb.github.io/CompJournoStick/

Pondering the pandemonium of pontificating pantheism to ponderous
pandas since 1994