[Fedora-music-list] Fedora 20 Jam Nightly - So far, so good ...

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sun Sep 15 19:11:24 UTC 2013

I have my other laptop (HP Pavilion dv4 - the one with decent audio)
running Fedora 20 Jam nightly from 2013-09-14! Installation was
flawless and KDE came up fine. I haven't had a chance to do any audio
testing yet other than browsing to player.allclassical.org, but all
the computational journalism / R stuff is working fine.

The GNOME 3 desktop works and there haven't been any instabilities or
crashes or even glitches. I'll probably take it out into the wild
tomorrow to make sure the Broadcom WiFi is working - that needs a
proprietary firmware chunk so I have to load the machine via a wired
network. In any event, Heisenbug is in *much* better shape than
Spherical Cow was at this stage in the life cycle.

Next step will be to install PureData and ChucK - I'm learning both in
parallel because I want to start doing some live performance stuff and
algorithmic composition. They're in Planet CCRMA but I think I'm going
to build them from upstream source instead.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://j.mp/CompJournoStick/

Pondering the pandemonium of pontificating pantheism to ponderous
pandas since 1994