Jane Street's Core

Edvard Fagerholm edvard.fagerholm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 12:08:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I noticed that the Core library was available in Fedora back in around
2009, but I couldn't find it on Fedora 20. Has there been any
discussions on adding it? It looks like some of the individual
components of Core are available in the package manager, but not all of it.

The other option would be to use OPAM, but that seems like the wrong way
to proceed, since I don't want to start mixing packages from the Fedora
repo as well as OPAM.

I'm sure other people will be asking the same question, since the reason
I found this problem is the newly release "Real World OCaml" book, which
uses the Jane Street overlay throughout.

Best,
Edvard