[Fedora-packaging] Suggested updated Java guidelines

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Sat Jan 2 14:47:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I submitted a review for java-gnome and working on that made me think
the Java guidelines needs work, so here's a suggested update:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Abo/JavaPackagingDraftUpdate

=== Changes ===

Removed some occurances of a Unicode control character that didn't seem
to belong there.

Fixed formatting of the text under "Jar file naming".

Hopefully clarified the text under "Directory structure".

Changed some occuranced of "<code>%{_xxx</code>}" into
"<code>%{_xxx}</code>".

Changed -javadoc Group tag from "Development Documentation" to
"Documentation".

Mostly rewrote the section on JNI packaging. (See wiki.)

Removed this text:

        The <code>%{_jnidir</code>} rpm macro defines the main JNI jar
        repository. Like <code>%{_javadir</code>} it is declined in
        exactly the same rules as the <code>%{_javadir</code>}-derived
        tree structure, except that it hosts JAR files that use JNI.

        <code>%{_jnidir</code>} usually expands into
        <code>/usr/lib/java</code>.

It seems to belong to the "The plan is to eventually..." part, but I
don't really understand it. Explain and I'll add something back. :)

Partially rewrote the section on prebuilt binaries and the suggested %
prep section. (See wiki.)

/abo