[Fedora-packaging] [fedora-java] Naming packages from apache.org

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 20:02:29 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>

>> crossposting to java and packaging -
>>
>> Seems like we need an accepted standard for naming packages from
>> apache.org
>>

> Sorry for the old followup, but I vaguely recall there been some old badness
> about using the name "apache" (ie, notice the package named 'httpd' in the
> distro).  I wonder if this is still a problem?

Never heard about it.  We recently created some apache-* that will be
submitted some time in the future....

Same for objectweb-* (like our objectweb-asm), codehaus-* etc.

We did have a problem with sun-* but that was in ancient times.  We used
glassfish-* as one can get most of the sources with compatible licenses
from that project.

I hope that helps.

Fernando