[Fedora-packaging] Emphasize correct hostname for SF.net URLs

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Jan 18 11:49:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:40:26PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> This and the "correct" in Subject might be somewhat strongly put:
>
> At the time I researched this a long time ago, there was no official
> documentation from SourceForge blessing the use of any particular URL or
> hostname for direct "wget-like" downloads.  The downloads.sourceforge.net one
> was just the one I found working most reliably, and it eventually found its
> way to the guidelines.

Until there is evidence that another one should be used, using it is the
only correct one and also helps to migrate to another URL, if it seems
to be necessary, because then one simple regex would be enough.

> If someone's interested, it wouldn't be a bad idea to browse through the
> SourceForge docs to see if they have something documented these days, and if
> not, ask via a support request or something if they have any recommendations.

According to IRC there seems to be a holiday currently, I'll ask there
later again.

Regards
Till