[Fedora-packaging] pyx files?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Fri Jul 9 17:22:22 UTC 2010

I'm updating one of my packages (pymssql) which has moved to using
Cython.  As such, it includes .pyx files.

By default, the setup tools place these .pyx files in %{_usr}.  As we
typically wouldn't include the generated .c files, I'm not sure we need
to package .pyx files, though I do see a few packages out there which
contain some.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Should my upstream configure their setup.py
to put these .pyx files elsewhere?  I'm not familiar enough with Cython
to have a feel for how this typicaly works.

Thanks,
Ray