[Fedora-packaging] rpmlint clarification to guidelines

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Mar 26 19:25:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

While checking for debuginfos every now and then, I've come across a bunch of
reviews over time where it's quite obvious that the submitter/reviewer did not
run rpmlint on all rpms.

I suggest making it more clear that rpmlint should/must be run on all rpms
related to the package, both the source one and all binary ones, and binary
ones preferably after installing them.  For rationale, see CAVEATS in the
rpmlint man page.

For example:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Use_rpmlint
-Run rpmlint on the rpms to ...
+Run rpmlint on all binary and source rpms the build produces (binary ones
preferably after installing them) to ...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines
-MUST: rpmlint must be run on every package
+MUST: rpmlint must be run on all binary and source rpms the build produces