[Fedora-packaging] Adding a section on GSettingsSchema

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:37:55 UTC 2010

As more applications convert from GConf to GSettings, Fedora packages
are going to need to deal with schema files.

At the moment in gnome-color-manager I use this:

%post
glib-compile-schemas %{_datadir}/glib-2.0/schemas &> /dev/null || :

%postun
glib-compile-schemas %{_datadir}/glib-2.0/schemas &> /dev/null || :

Although doing it for every single package seems like a waste of time.
Maybe posttrans would be better in this case? Anyway, I think we need
to sort out a policy and stick it on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets before
people start packaging applications that use GSettings schema files.

Let the discussion commence.

Thanks,

Richard.