[Fedora-packaging] Packaging ada libraries

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Nov 10 21:09:18 UTC 2010

I'm thinking perhaps it is time to come up with a standard for how ada
libraries are installed.  I don't know much about ada, but I package plplot
which has an ada interface.  ada uses a couple different types of files: adb,
ads, ali, and perhaps .gpr and .lgpr for gnat.

Example location from GtkAda-devel:

/usr/include/gtkada/gtkada-types.adb
/usr/include/gtkada/gtkada-types.ads
/usr/lib/gnat/gtkada.gpr
/usr/lib/gnat/gtkada/gtkada.lgpr
/usr/lib/gtkada/relocatable/gtkada.ali
/usr/lib/gtkada/static/gtkada.ali
/usr/lib/libgtkada.so

I don't know about the difference between relocatable and static.

So this may be simple, but perhaps:

%{_includedir}/<name>/
%{_libdir}/<name>/

is sufficient.

plplot-ada-devel currently puts files in:

/usr/lib/ada/adalib/plplotadad/plplot.ali
/usr/share/ada/adainclude/plplotadad/plplot.adb
/usr/share/ada/adainclude/plplotadad/plplot.ads

Not sure where they got that directory structure from.

plplot does not produce .gpr or .lgpr files.  Not sure if this should be
enforced or how they are produced.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com