[Fedora-packaging] Mozilla Extension Guidelines

David Michael fedora.dm0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:34:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am considering packaging a Mozilla extension, but I thought it best
to try to clarify some things beforehand.  The only guidance (draft) I
found[1] doesn't seem to be followed by existing packages, but I agree
with it in principle.  Until there are official guidelines, I have two
questions:

Is it acceptable to follow the draft guidelines, or should new
packages attempt to conform to the existing packages' (not quite
consistent) structure?

Is it appropriate to support any/all applications listed in the
install.rdf, even if they are not available in Fedora?  (I don't see a
downside to this if the draft guidelines are followed, and it would
allow locally managed applications to take advantage of extensions
installed from RPMs.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

David

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kalev/MozillaExtensionsDraft