[Fedora-packaging] rpmlint file-size-mismatch and github source URLs

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Aug 25 20:38:02 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 03:45 PM, James Laska wrote:

> I suspect something is amiss with rpmlint abstractCheck and the custom
> _HeadRequest.get_method().  Removing it, resolves the problem.

Removing it also causes rpmlint to actually fetch the content for
redirected requests (HTTP HEAD vs GET) which is not what we want.

This is not a rpmlint but a github bug; github does not respond to HEAD
requests as it should per the HTTP spec -- the headers to HEAD requests
(including Content-Length) should be identical to the headers for the
corresponding GET ones, but they're not.