[Fedora-packaging] Systemd scriptlet comments

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jul 27 05:54:31 UTC 2011

On 07/27/2011 12:17 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I'm more interested in the following, similar scenario:
>
> 4b) pkg(systemd) + pkg-sysv(sysv) installed ->
>   pkg(systemd) upgrade
>
> Expected outcome: pkg(systemd) and pkg-sysv(sysv) installed.  sysv symlink
> untouched.  bootup state probably not saved.  service reloaded from systemd
> unit, restarted if running
>
> This would be a common scenario for an admin that's running a sysvinit
> system under Fedora.

Good point.  But on the other hand I can already say that it'll work,
because the %pre I suggested will not do anything migration related if
the systemd unit file is already in place...

> (The combinations of these are what makes testing time consuming)

Does anyone have a quick-booting F-15 VM I could use for testing?

There's
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Machine_Resources_For_Package_Maintainers
but I'm not sure if this kind of stuff is appropriate there, how quickly
will they reboot, or if the F-15 instance is in a state that is useful
for testing (it says "f15 branched" which smells oldish).  Kevin?