[Fedora-packaging] Package naming question

Juan Orti Alcaine j.orti.alcaine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:01:23 UTC 2011

Hello, I'm currently packaging the program arm (anonymizing relay
monitor [1]), a program to monitor Tor routers, and I have doubts about
possible conflicts in the name.

Apart of the architecture name, I have found in the package database
programs like:
arm4 -- Application Response Measurement V4.0
arm-gp2x-linux-gcc -- Cross Compiling GNU GCC targeted at arm-gp2x-linux

In Debian it is named tor-arm.

What do you suggest? I think the Debian name will cause less problems.

Thank you.

[1] http://www.atagar.com/arm/