[Fedora-packaging] Scripting language dependencies

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 20:23:36 UTC 2012

Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> writes:
> I tested this with spectool -g and python-psycopg2 and all variants of that
> py3ver line work.(without even a warning).  So spectool isn't really an
> issue.

I don't know what spectool is, but I can demonstrate what I see every
time I work with this package:

[tgl at rh3 ~]$ cd f-pkg/python-psycopg2/master/
[tgl at rh3 master]$ ls
psycopg2-2.4.4.tar.gz  python-psycopg2.spec  sources
[tgl at rh3 master]$ fedpkg srpm
sh: python3: command not found
error: Macro %py3ver has empty body
sh: python3: command not found
error: Macro %py3ver has empty body

sh: python3: command not found
error: Macro %py3ver has empty body
Wrote: /home/tgl/f-pkg/python-psycopg2/master/python-psycopg2-2.4.4-1.fc18.src.rpm

The generated SRPM is fine, and I can (and do) test it in mock, but
those messages would certainly scare anybody not familiar with the
package.  I've seen similar behavior with other packages.  I'd like
this guideline to show how this sort of thing can be avoided.

			regards, tom lane