[Fedora-packaging] Systemd conversion trigger question

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Feb 26 00:35:11 UTC 2012

JN> %triggerun version should stay the same, and should be the version
JN> that systemd was first introduced.
JN> If you don't use an Epoch, bumping the F16 version will cause the
JN> triggerun script not to run.

I guess I'm just being dense, but the only thing Epoch can do is make
the package even newer and I don't see how that helps to keep the F16
version older than the version in the trigger definition.  Or are you
suggesting adding the epoch up front in F17, using it in the trigger
definition and keeping the F16 version without the epoch so that no
matter what it's always older?  I guess that would work, but I can't
imagine that this is worth introducing an epoch over.

In any case, if that's really what we (FPC) would recommend, we'd need
to write it down in the guidelines.

 - J<