[Fedora-packaging] New owner for clamav?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jan 25 04:56:21 UTC 2012

I've filed a few defects against different issues with clamav not installing correctly, missing files, and having the wrong permissions that precludes interactions with collaborating software such as postfix and mimedefang.

I've not had traction on this, i.e. not heard back from the owner.

I'd like to request that this package be considered orphaned and eligible for reassignment... and by the same occasion, ask if there's anyone willing to adopt it?

It doesn't require a lot of patching.  It just is finicky about being installed correctly with the correct users in place, group ownerships, etc.

I will add that the support of sysvinit, upstart, and systemd makes this package a little more thorny than most, just so that if anyone steps up they don't do so uninformed.

Thanks,

-Philip