[Fedora-packaging] Multiple file ownership allowed nowadays?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:38:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this rule is still needed. I know I'd loose backward
> compatibility with older rpm versions, but I don't want make a

I agree that a -common subpackage is silly for this, but are any of
the RPM versions that this *wouldn't* work with still in supported
releases? (I think not, I thought that problem was solved in ancient
times - well ancient as far as Fedora timelines!)

The only one I'd be concerned with is RHEL5, but I think even that
works right, no?