[Fedora-packaging] requiring a (non-specific) font?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 05:41:01 UTC 2012

On 09/28/2012 10:14 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I could require something generic, like 'font(:lang=en)', but that's likely
> to pull in a random decorative font.

Interesting, I did not know about font(:lang=en)...

I would use this, even if it pull decorative font. I met this problem
once in past. Without any font, it took me some time to debug that
problem and find up what is cause of the problem, because the error was
not straightforward - there was nothing like "error: no fonts found"

But if the application will start and everything is painted with
decorative font, it will ring bells immediately.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering